I sort of unofficially participated in ICLW last month. By which I mean I was not signed up, but I found lots of cool, new blogs and tried to leave as many nice comments as I could.
This month, I decided to go for it.
So if you’re here for the first time, let’s catch up a little, shall we:
- Hubby was diagnosed with Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism (which is a fancy way of saying his pituitary gland doesn’t send out the right signals to produce testosterone and reproductive hormones) when he was 16. He’d been getting testosterone replacement therapy on and off (mostly on) from that time right up until we started this whole “let’s (finally) try to have a baby” thing. The testosterone effectively stops the body from producing any sperm. At all.
- Hubby got his last T injection in August, and after consulting with a urologist who specializes in fertility last September, started getting hCG injections twice a week, to which we added hMG in December.
- He saw a specialist in January who basically laughed at the dosages he was getting, increased one, reduced the other, and changed the injection schedule to 3x/week.
- We won’t know if the combination of the two meds is having any effect until Hubby gets bloodwork and a new SA mid-April.
- Until then, I’m documenting our journey, especially my own crazy emotions about the whole thing, while we just wait…
Take a look around, make yourself at home, and feel free to comment on any post you like (or hate?). I ♥ comments! If you’d like to know why I chose to blog at all, check out my very first post. I look forward to visiting a whole slew of new blogs this month, too!