Whether you’re here for ICLW (International Comment Leaving Week) or for some other reason, welcome! Here’s my intro for new readers/catch-up for those of you who’ve been playing along at home:
- Hubby and I have been together for 8 1/2 years, married for (almost) six.
- Hubby was diagnosed with hypogonadotropic hypogonadism when he was 16 (and still hadn’t hit puberty); his hormones were all kinds of out-of-whack, and he was put on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
- I have no idea whether he would have made sperm at some point on his own, but the TRT functioned to A) make him look like a dude, and B) give him a sperm count of zero.
- Fast forward to September 2011: we finally started fertility treatments, which, for us, involves me giving Hubby injections of hCG and hMG three times a week.
- He had his first semen analysis (SA) since starting this combo of meds in April 2012, and earlier this month we got the results:
- We have 19 sperm! And no, that’s not 19 million, or even 19 thousand. It’s 19. Total. But it’s a heck of a lot better than nothin’.
- For reasons that are out of our control (at the moment–I hope) we are not proceeding with IVF/ICSI at this point and instead are continuing the injections, hoping that number continues to rise.
Take a look around my little corner of the blogiverse, make yourself at home, and feel free to comment anywhere you’d like. I’ve been busy writing, despite the fact we’re still hanging out in limbo land. I can’t wait to meet or get re-acquainted with all of you!
* * *