Or TRB–Total Raving Bitch–which is what I feel like today. I hate days like today, when nothing seems to go right, even the things that go right, and every. little. thing. can set me off. I get terrible road rage on days like today, screaming at no one but myself. Because I’m in such a shitty mood, this post is going to be short and not very sweet. And in bullets because I can’t string together two coherent thoughts. Here are a few of the triggers and consequences of my foul mood today:
- At a home visit, a mom kept saying stupid things like, “Doesn’t it make you just want to have a bunch of kids?” and “I bet you want six of your own, huh? Just kidding,” when her kids were running around the house like little maniacs. This mom has five, and frankly, I don’t blame the kids for their behavior at all. I was trying to ignore it as best I could, but she just kept making those comments, and at one point, I wanted to scream, “Look, lady, I’m sorry you’ve got a houseful of little brats. The only reason I don’t have six of my own right now is because I can’t. But if I did, they’d act a whole lot better than your little monsters!” Okay, I may be a bitch, but at this point, I still need my job. Plus, I know how to behave in a way that is socially appropriate.
- Unless I’m in my car. Then I go completely apeshit, slamming the steering wheel, screaming at the top of my lungs, even though I’m the only one that can hear my insane ranting. Slow drivers piss me off. People who refuse to use a turn signal piss me off. People driving faster than me piss me off. Basically, I would be happy if I had the road completely to myself.
- One of my coworkers was complaining, yet again, about her boy troubles. I have no sympathy at this point. I’ve heard it all before from her. Suck it up, lady. Move on.
- Then I come home to my husband, who has done nothing to deserve my ire, and snip at him for no reason whatsoever. Just because I can. Poor Hubby.
- Oh, and there’s pretty much no chance I’m pregnant.
And then I think, What the hell? There are so many worse things that could be happening in my life right now. Nothing is particularly wrong, but nothing is going particularly well, either. Maybe if I just let out in one, long, sustained scream?
Nope. Still feel like shit. Maybe tomorrow will be better.