I am so ridiculously behind.
I now have three Liebster Blog Award nominations, and I could not be more thrilled or humbled. The three lovely ladies who nominated me are Kristin at Return to Go, marwil, and alloallo at The Question Now Becomes…
They have questions, and a lot of them, so here goes:
1. What is the last book you finished?
Well, it must have been Stoner, by John Williams, which I wrote about here and here. Clearly, I spend a lot of time reading blogs (maybe less lately) and not so much reading books. I’m currently creeping my way through Animal, Vegetable, Miracle.
2. If you were going to join the cast of any reality TV show, which would it be?
Ugh. Do I have to? It would have to be something based on talent. Like, if I had any skill with fabric, scissors, and a sewing machine, I might join the cast of Project Runway. But even the shows that supposedly feature and reward talent, they also, by design, bring the drama. Which I can’t stand.
3. Would you prefer an old house that has been renovated or a brand-spanking new house?
Old house, no question. But not even one that’s been renovated. One that’s still raw, preferably last decorated in the 70’s, untouched by a renovator’s anything. One that I can put my own fingerprint on. Of course, this is where Hubby and I differ. He’d rather have everything done.
4. What is the last movie you watched?
Hubby and I are currently in the middle of watching We Bought a Zoo, which, to be honest, I thought I’d hate, but so far it isn’t too cheesy. Before that, we watched Stardust, with the uber-cutie from Boardwalk Empire, Claire Danes, and Michelle Pfeiffer. I had never even heard of it before, but it was so, so good.
5. Do you live in a rural, urban, or suburban area and would you move to another given the choice?
I live in an urban area, but I grew up in rural Middle America, and I wouldn’t mind living in a rural area again. I wish I had the money and the knowledge to raise horse.
6. Why did you breakup with the last BF/GF you dated before you met your current partner?
It went a little something like this: We’d been dating for quite. a. while, and I had finally gotten up the nerve to profess my love for him. To which he replied, “I like you. A lot.” That was the beginning of the end. And to be clear, I broke up with him.
7. Have you ever been in a protest?
No. But I used to see the 99 percenters in front of the university near where we live, and I would cheer them on in my mind. Probably doesn’t count, huh.
8. When was the last time you did something for the first time and what was it?
Uh…last Thanksgiving I roasted a duck for the first time. I can’t think of anything monumental right now…
9. If someone rented a billboard for you, what would you put on it?
“Stop bitching and vote.”
10. What’s the best meal you have had so far in 2012?
Well, I had some pretty terrible meals when I was visiting my family, but they were awesome because my dad, sister, niece, and I were all together. Too cheesy?
11. Where was your last vacation?
Real vacation? Hmm. We went to see Hubby’s family near DC over the summer, and a couple of weeks before that, I went to visit my family. But a non-family-related vacation? I honestly can’t remember.
1. Where are you located?
Western United States. That’s as specific as I’m going to get.
2. What would you do for a living if you had the choice? Does it match what you are doing at the moment?
What I would love to do for a living is raise children. Which is kinda-sorta related to what I do now, except I spend my whole day with other people’s children.
3. Do you have any pets and who’s that? Picture please!
Yes. Two cats, Audrey and Cat.
4. What is your dream vacation?
Oh, man. I have to narrow it down? There are so many places I want to go! But probably the number one place I would love to visit is Prague. Or Costa Rica. Or India. Crap, this is hard.
5. What is your favourite food?
6. If you moved country, where would you want to live?
Probably the most realistic place would be Hubby’s home country, but anywhere he got a job would be fantastic, really.
7. Tell me something you haven’t shared on your blog before?
I am easily embarrassed and blush all the time.
8. What is your favourite movie?
Again, so hard to narrow it down. My First Mister is fantastic. I used to watch it over and over and bawl every single time.
9. When you have a few hours for yourself, what are you up to?
A whole lotta nothing, if I can get away with it.
10. Do you have any particular hobby/interest?
Writing, crocheting–and I actually do love cooking, even though I don’t do it nearly as often as I should.
11. What is your first memory?
I think I’ve actually shared it here before, and it’s not exactly a happy one. Actually, I used to think I could remember even earlier than that, to when I was still crawling and playing with a toy Woodstock, but that may just be because I’ve seen the photographic evidence.