Two lovely ladies, Kitten at Yet Another Bitter Infertile and ecutri at You’re going DOWN, infertility, have nominated me for the Sunshine Award. I’m a little slow getting to this, but it’s a nice distraction to chase away the gloomy thoughts of last week.
- Include the Sunshine Award Icon in your post.
- LInk to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 other bloggers to receive the award
- Link to your nominees and let them know you nominated them.
1. What odd routines or rituals do you have? This question has taken me an unreasonably long time to answer. I’m sure I do things that others would consider odd, but I don’t think of them that way. I am particular about the way some things are done, like washing dishes in a certain order. There are songs I have to sit in the car and listen to until the end, even if I’ve reached my destination (see #4). But I don’t know if these habits are significantly “odd” or not.
2. What’s your favorite Halloween costume that you’ve worn? When I was a kid, my mom used to make all of my sister’s and my costumes. And they usually matched. The first time my sister went trick-or-treating, she was a black cat, and I was a witch, complete with prosthetic, warty nose. One year we were My Little Ponies. But my favorite was probably the year my mom teased out my blonde hair and I wore a pair of fake boobs to be Dolly Parton.
3. What do you think of people who eat soup on a sweltering hot day? I think, Oh, that poor person must have a cold. Because that always happens to me at some point during the summer.
4. Favorite song to sing at the top of your lungs? So many. Hubby actually makes fun of me in the car. He says I’m like some kind of robot juke box, spitting out lyrics as fast as he can change the stations. But here’s just one example: Spirit in the Sky, by Norman Greenbaum
5. Have you ever stolen anything? I once stole a pack of candy cigarettes from the checkout line. My dad made me take them back into the store and apologize. So embarrassing I was never temped to steal anything ever again.
6. Be honest – Have you read 50 Shades of Grey? Nope.
7. What’s something that made you laugh so hard you peed (or nearly peed) your pants? My sister and I have had many a laugh-till-you-cry-and/or-pee-yourself moments. The weird thing is I can’t remember specifically what was so damn funny.
8. What book(s) are you reading right now? Broken for You, by Stephanie Kallos. Favorite line: “We’re worth more broken.”
9. How do you pronounce “aunt”? (ahnt or ant?) I’m a Midwestern girl at heart. It’s ant.
10. What do you see in this image? Two sexy witches brewing up something wicked.
1. So…Needles…how much do you love them? Oh, sooo much. And now that we’re done with treatments (for now), I still get to stick my husband every two weeks for his testosterone injections.
2. When you are in the foggiest of days and nothing seems to be turning your mood around, what is one thing you know you can rely on to put a smile on your face? My husband. He’s pretty good at making me smile, even when I don’t really want to.
3. What is the one dish you are known for? (for the not-so-culinary savvy, if you could eat one dish for the rest of your life what would it be, and from where?) The past couple of years, I’ve been cooking duck for Thanksgiving, rather than a giant turkey. I haven’t perfected it yet, but it’s something Hubby and I look forward to.
4. Do you have a lucky sock? (Not so much a sock in particular but an item that you may carry around with you when you need a little extra boost in luck?) I have a hamsa necklace that my in-laws gave me. I’m not big on jewelry, but when I’m feeling particularly in need of luck, I’ll wear it.
5. If you could go back in time [at any stage of your life] and tell yourself something, what would you say? I’d probably go back to when I was in high school and feeling like a total outcast and tell myself that all the “cool” kids were going to end up stuck in that small town for the rest of their lives, and I would get to travel the world and have amazing adventures. Eh, it’s mostly true.
6. Who is your biggest Man-Crush (Woman-Crush)? What about them does it for you? John Cusack at his peak and Paul Rudd. Sensitive-looking + hilarious = swoon.
7. Have you had any really odd searches that lead to your blog? Name the strangest ones. I always seem to get people looking for porn. But, like, extra gross porn. I don’t want to quote them here for fear it’ll just get worse.
8. Have you had something REALLY awesome happen to you or someone close to you where it made you feel so happy? Care to share? Well, I’m pregnant, and Hubby got a job a couple of months later. So that’s pretty awesome. Plus, my 77-year-old dad recently got a job after being laid off this summer, and my sister seems to be feeling better!
9. If you could go to dinner with any Celebrity, who would you choose and why? What would you ask them? I’m not sure this counts as “celebrity,” but I’d probably choose some dead, angsty poet, like Sylvia Plath, and ask her if the thing that killed her was also the very thing that fueled her creativity, as I have long suspected/dreaded to be true.
10. Why are you here? Why do you blog (besides the obvious)? Initially, I wanted to vent and find other people who were in the same boat. But now? I just love all of you so much, I’m not sure I’ll ever stop!
And now, I’m supposed to nominate 10 people and ask them questions. I hate this part. I can never seem to narrow it down. If you don’t see your blog here, please don’t let that stop you from participating if you want to! And if you are listed here, but you’re rolling your eyes at yet another “award” meme-ing its way around the blogosphere, don’t feel obliged. All bases covered? Good. Here goes:
Aramis at It Only Takes One
Sadie at Invincible Spring
cassiedash at Waiting to Expand
SM at Unexplained Rantings
Ria at Fill My Nest
Jo at MoJo Working
My questions for you:
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. What crazy celebrity baby name do you secretly love?
3. If you had three hours to yourself, what would you do with that time?
4. What’s the best thing on TV right now?
5. What’s your favorite family recipe?
6. What’s your hidden talent?
7. Would you rather spend Thanksgiving with your own family or your husband/partner’s family?
8. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
9. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? With whom?
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?