The Pros

I’m trying my best to look on the bright side of this delay in our big move, which is totally against my nature.  Here’s what I’ve come up with so far:

If we end up staying another month, I’ll get paid 3 times in January instead of twice.

All the testing and appointments I was worrying about getting done shortly after our move to Canada will now happen here–glucose test, RhoGAM shot, and whooping cough vaccination.

If we don’t have movers coming on the 23rd, we can leave for my sister’s house earlier and spend a couple of extra days with her and my niece before Christmas.

It gives me more time to make the transition smoother for the families I work with.  Of course, it would help a lot if the agency was planning on hiring someone to replace me–which they’re not.  So I’ll have to work with my team and my supervisor to figure out who’s taking over for each kiddo and make sure they can come out for at least one home visit with me next month.

By the time we get there, we’ll have one less month of winter to deal with.

My friends here will get to see more of my growing belly before we leave, which is kinda fun.

And, either way, Hubby and I will be attending his first-ever baby shower this afternoon.  So yay.

7 thoughts on “The Pros

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s