Hubby, baby girl, and I are leaving for a two-week visit to Hubby’s home country in 13 days. Here’s what’s been on my mind:
- Traveling all day–including a 10-hour flight–with an 8-month-old. Yikes.
- We aren’t friendly enough with anyone here to ask them to check in on the cats while we’re gone, so we have to hire someone to do it. Someone who hopefully won’t steal/break/destroy any of our stuff or torture/kill the cats.
- Packing? I don’t even know where to begin. Also, I need a new bag that can accommodate and keep organized my wallet, keys, phone, as well as baby girl’s essentials and both our passports.
- Every time Hubby talks to his dad via Skype, he tells me how tired he is. The latest is that he barely leaves the house because his legs and feet are so swollen he can’t walk far. I just keep hoping he’s doing well enough when we get there that he can enjoy playing with his only granddaughter.
- I guess the silver lining of not having a well-established sleep routine for baby girl is that it can’t get too messed up while we’re away.
- I experimented with cheese this weekend. I wanted to test baby girl to see if she still has a negative reaction to dairy (through breastfeeding), but the results were inconclusive. I would like for both of us to be able to eat whatever we want while on vacation, so I guess I’ll just keep testing. Bring on the cheese!
- Baby girl is becoming more mobile, and the apartment is far from baby-proofed. I should probably get on that.
- We spent a few minutes with my family via Skype for Thanksgiving, but otherwise did not celebrate it at all. Hubby had to work, and baby girl and I went to our mama-baby class, just like any other Thursday.
- Christmas will be spent with Hubby’s family (which doesn’t celebrate it) and even further away from mine. So much for baby girl’s “firsts.”
- I need a haircut.
- We’re going to miss two weeks of Canadian winter while we’re gone, but I’m afraid that’s just going to make it that much harder to come back.
- Baby girl’s face keeps breaking out, which makes me wonder what’s going on with my hormones and whether my cycle’s return might be imminent. Just in time for traveling.
- You mamas that have done this before, any baby travel tips for making this whole ordeal go as smoothly as possible?
Want to participate? Check out Mel’s post to find out how.