- Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments on my last post. The results came back, and Cat has hyperthyroidism, which is apparently very common in kitties her age. There are two treatment options: a one-time injection of radioactive iodine, which costs $1200-$1300 or a $50/month prescription of pills to be given twice a day every day for the rest of her life, along with routine blood tests (the blood work for our visit on Sunday cost $120). We’re still in the process of trying to figure out the best option for our budget (neither) and Cat’s long-term health.
- Baby girl turned 8 months old yesterday. One of these days, I might get around to writing her monthly post.
- We leave for our trip in four days. FOUR DAYS. I am nowhere near ready.
- It’s snowing. Has been since yesterday, and isn’t supposed to stop anytime soon. Which makes running last-minute errands even more challenging.
- While doing some cleaning/organizing today, I found the baby blanket I started to knit while I was pregnant with baby girl. I worked on it in the car on the way to Canada. Then I ran out of yarn, and the store where I bought it doesn’t exist here. So it will likely never be finished. What do I do with half a baby blanket?