After a 2-week hiatus, bullet points seem about right:
- My last post should have been called “When it seems to be working…”, which leaves room for the current uncertainty we find ourselves in. Hubby never heard back about the Nebraska job, so no on-campus interview there. He’s since had phone or Skype interviews for two jobs in the States and one in Australia, and has one this Friday morning for a job in Wales. It’s quite possible none of these could lead to an offer, but we’re hopeful that’s how this round of interviews will end.
- In that light, we’re treating this summer as our last hurrah in Montreal. We’ve spent the last few weeks visiting and hiking in Mount Royal Park, as well as the Olympic Park, where we’ll have upcoming outings to the botanical garden, Biodome, and planetarium. Tomorrow night we’re going to the U.S.-Germany semi-final of the women’s World Cup. Late summer or early fall seems like the perfect time to leave this city, while the weather’s nice, and we haven’t been beaten down by the brutality of winter.
- In the two weeks since I last wrote, I’ve also gotten woefully behind on blog reading and commenting. I’m getting caught up, but I know my reader is going to be full again today. Bear with me. I’m trying.
- Missy is taking all of this in stride. She loves having her Aba home all day and getting out of the house for all of our field trips. I’m a bit worried about how she’ll handle the soccer game tomorrow night, since it doesn’t start until 6:30, which is her normal bedtime. Not that it matters much if her sleep schedule gets thrown off. She’s waking up every hour and a half or so from 10:30 to 6 a.m. anyway. The real tricky part is going to be getting her out of the house by 7 a.m. Friday morning for Hubby’s interview. Wish us allll luck!
- Just curious, who would be interested in a post about speech and language development (I ask, knowing it could be weeks before I get around to posting anything even semi-coherent)?
Want to participate? Check out Mel’s post to find out how.