It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these, but we’ve had a rough week, sleep-wise (partly because poor Missy has a cough that keeps waking her up), and I could really use some positive energy right now. Once again, I referred to Inner Outings for inspiration. This time, I got Heart Songs. These are the things that make my heart sing lately:
- I love when Missy whisper-sings. By which I mean she whispers the words to songs while doing the hand movements. She does this throughout the day, but also at night, when I’m pretending to sleep next to her, to settle herself and (maybe, eventually) get back to sleep. She does this in English and Welsh, and it’s adorable.
- Recently, she’s been giving lots of spontaneous kisses. There have been a few mornings when I’ve woken up to her kissing my arm or head. Sometimes she walks up to me when I’m in the kitchen and kisses my leg. It just melts my heart.
- She has my laugh, snorts and all.
- One of the first women I met here, K, is becoming a good friend. We have infertility in common, which is bittersweet, of course. You never want anyone else to have to trudge through the shit of infertility diagnosis and treatment, but it sure is nice not to have to trudge through the shit on your own, right? And at this point, we each have a kid to show for it, so that’s something. Most of the other infertiles I’ve met in person were women whom I knew first through their blogs. It’s kind of interesting to see how a) the topic sort of organically came up in conversation, and b) we were each comfortable enough to share our stories, bit by bit, as opposed to that being the first thing we knew about each other.
- She and her husband recently found out they’re expecting their second child via surrogacy. I’m so thrilled for them. I’m trying to be 100% happy and not at all envious (but it’s more like 95-5). Their first ultrasound is next Friday, so send some good, strong heartbeat vibes this way for her.
What makes your heart sing?